We show you 4 methods to know how to track a stolen cell phone . In a couple of clicks you will know the location of the thief.
To track a stolen cell phone you just need to remember the Gmail email and the password you used on your Android device.
If you locate your mobile, you should act quickly based on a plan to try to recover it. Consider having the authorities . Also take into account possible consequences or reprisals as a result of your actions.
Track an Android in real time
Just go to the Find my device page google.com/android/find , and sign in with the Gmail account and password you registered on your Android device. Hopefully, this Google tracking system will indicate the location of your stolen cell phone (in addition to offering other options, as shown in the image).
Instead of having to go to the aforementioned URL, you can also track the location of your cell phone with the Find My Device application , which you can install on a family member’s or friend’s mobile.
Ideally, when the cell phone is tracked, the message ” Last connection right now ” appears. That means that that is the current location of the cell phone. Instead of this message, you may also see ” Last seen “, ” Last connection“, ” Device not available ” or ” Error accessing the device “. Any of these messages may mean that the cell phone does not have an internet connection or is turned off. In that case, it might be useful to review the locations where the mobile was previously .
Locate my Samsung mobile
This page allows you to track Samsung phones in a way very similar to the previous one (among other things), in addition to being able to block or reset the device. However, their maps are less detailed.
To find an Android phone stolen in this way, go to the findmymobile.samsung.com page and enter with the data from the Samsung account that you’ve probably ever recorded on your cell phone.
Find lost iPhone
The drawback of this utility is that you can only do the tracking from another iPhone, iOS device or PC. To enter from an Android phone use the trick of desktop mode or alternative apps .
The maps of this system are also not very detailed.
Cell location history
Ideally, this record tells you all the locations where the cell phone was previously . This information is stored in the same Google account that you registered on your cell phone.
Log in to the Google Maps page maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0 and you will see all the old phone locations (among which the thief could be).
Applications to track a stolen cell phone
The above tools have their limitations. They do not do much good if the phone goes off or runs out of internet. But there are applications that overcome these drawbacks in one way or another and have other extremely useful features.
For example, they can block the phone’s power off. They also offer a tracking method WITHOUT the internet (through SMS commands). You can photograph the thief or get the number of a new SIM inserted, among other things. And they have self-protection against an attempt to uninstall.
The disadvantage of this type of apps is that, obviously, they need to be installed in advance in the device (before a theft or loss). In addition, they are usually a service that must be subscribed for an annual payment, although they offer a free trial time.
What else should I know about tracking a cell phone?
- These cell tracking systems are not infallible.
- The location shown is not necessarily accurate. It can be approximate and depending on the area, it can have a margin of error of a few meters.
- The tracking can generate a notification on the cell phone that will alert the person who has your mobile. Be careful to deactivate it .
- Android phones already come with the pre-activated tracking function, just to serve in case of theft. You can check it by going to Settings> Google> Security> Find my device .
- Track a cell phone by IMEI can not! If you see a website that claims to be able to locate or ” track IMEI online “, do not believe it, it’s a sham. What you can do is find out the IMEI of a stolen cell phone . That number will serve to report the equipment and leave it unusable so that the thief can not use it in any operator.
- There is NOT a web page or magic online tool that can locate or track a lost phone by phone number.